When faced with a respiratory disease outbreak, it helps to know what you’re up against …and that you’re not alone.
The lab work is on us!
Join equine clinics from across the country who have enrolled in the ONLY national equine respiratory pathogen monitoring program of its kind in Canada.
Keeping tabs on equine respiratory pathogens benefits us all
- Would you like to take advantage of no-cost PCR testing to confirm an infectious respiratory disease diagnosis?
- Are you interested in helping to advance the equine community’s knowledge of the prevalence and epidemiology of equine respiratory pathogens circulating in Canada?
If so, the Merck Animal Health Equine Biosurveillance Program is tailor-made for you!
What are the benefits of participating in the Equine Biosurveillance Program?
FOR YOUR CLINIC
Valuable diagnostic tool to assist you in obtaining an accurate and timely diagnosis during an acute respiratory disease outbreak*, so you can:
- Recommend the most appropriate course of treatment.
- Determine the potential need for quarantine.
- Adapt your vaccination recommendations, if required.
FOR YOU AND
No-cost, real-time PCR testing for 6 major respiratory pathogens of the horse.
- Equine herpesvirus types 1 and 4
- Equine influenza virus
- Equine rhinitis A and B viruses
- Streptococcus equi subsp. equi
FOR CANADIAN EQUINE PRACTITIONERS AND THE ENTIRE EQUINE
Collection of information at the national level on the epidemiology of equine respiratory pathogens.
Better knowledge and understanding of these pathogens’ evolving nature and dynamics.
Sharing of anonymous data compilations with the Canadian equine community.
Opportunity to assess and optimize current vaccination protocols.
*Horses must meet the inclusion criteria set forth in the program terms and conditions for PCR testing to be paid for by Merck Animal Health.
Join the Merck Animal Health Equine Biosurveillance Program and get PCR testing at no cost to you… or your clients.**
A total value of up to $660
To find out more about the Merck Animal Health Equine Biosurveillance Program and clinic eligibility requirements, please contact your Merck Animal Health representative, or call 1-866-683-7838.
**Certain conditions apply.